SBC Week 6: My KBC Experience!

Hey, guys! In today’s post, I will be talking about my experience on the Kids Baking Championship. Click the Food Network to see some cool pictures!

I applied for the show a little over a year ago. Being on the show made my wildest dreams come true. I met so many amazing people! Not just the other bakers but the people on set were just the best! Some of the assistants on the set became our great friends. One of them we would scare! I got into this huge scare war with her and it was so funny! So Natasha (one of the bakers) had this fake razor app and we pranked her. She thought it was real and then started freaking out!

I can’t say too much about actually filming but I will tell you that the other bakers and I bonded so well! When we were taking breaks we would take the candy that they have and make “shushi” candy sushi! We also went to the mall and a local dessert shop called Sucre. I had some of the best gelato I have ever had! Natasha and I would always get the cookies and cream gelato. At night, if we were up for it, some of us would go to the swimming pool and just hang out and eat ice cream.

Even though I didn’t win I’m still happy that I made lifelong friends! Lots of people ask if I regret anything that happened in the last episode. My answer is always no. I walked in being one of the bakers who baked the least so making it that far in the competition. Going into the initial competition was terrifying! I was not very confident in myself because I had seen the amazing work the other kids had done. But one of the best things that this show has taught me, was to have self-confidence.

Here’s a picture of us outside of the hotel right before we all went to dinner!

Thank you so much for reading about my experience! I hope you enjoyed! See you next week, bye!

One thought on “SBC Week 6: My KBC Experience!

1. Your comment is awaiting moderation.

ALOHA Taylor,

I really enjoyed reading your post about KBC! It was very interesting because you wrote about your experience there! I got to learn a lot about what you did and it was super fun watching you on Tv! You also wrote about how your self-confidence got better from KBC, that’s a really good thing to have!!! Plus, you are very inspiring to others because of how smart, kind, strong you are!

Come check out my blog at:
    Kira’s Blog

MAHALO,
    hmskirac