Weekly Post: Camera/YouTube Talk!

Hey, guys! Welcome to another post! In today’s post, I will be sharing and just talking about YouTube and filming equipment. Let’s just get right into to it!

I do have a YouTube channel and I’m just getting started on it. Therefore, I don’t have lots of fancy equipment and tech to film. To actually film the videos, I use my phone. I think that the iPhone has a great camera and it makes downloading the videos so much easier. Eventually, I would like to get a smaller point and shoot camera but for now, the phone works great!

This is not the exact camera that I want but something like this is what I’m looking for. via Flickr

Lighting!! Well at my house we have lot’s of natural light so that makes things easier. I also have a phone mount thing with a special light attached to it which also provides nice lighting. I bought this contraption thingy from Amazon. It was a bit pricey but it’s so worth it and it helps out big time when you are filming or even vlogging. Amazon does have other options and styles for this but the one that I got turned out to be very high quality.

This is what part of the kit looks like The lighting and mount part are set up in y kitchen.

Microphones! At first, I didn’t realize how important it is to have some sort of microphone. You know the phone mount I was telling you about earlier, it also comes with a microphone attached to it as well. I also have a cool little earbud clip thing that I purchased from Daiso for a $1.50! I’m not sure if the online store is as cheap though. If you have one near you, I highly recommend that you go. It’s actually really good which surprised me because I expected it to work but not as well as it did.

These are what the microphone earbuds look like.

Thank you so much for listening to me ramble about my tech equipment lol. If you have any good suggestions for other equipment, please feel free to leave it in the comments below! See you soon!