Weekly Post: Basketball🏀

Hey, guys! In today’s post, I will be talking about basketball.

via wiki commons

I might have mentioned in previous posts that I play basketball but, for you newer readers, I do play basketball. I’ve been playing since the fourth grade and started when the coach needed more players for the JV team. So he asked my friends and me to join and we just did. It was so much fun and we had a blast! Even though the season was a little rough, we still went out there and tried our best. Ever since then I have been playing for my school. So I played in JV for three years (4th-6th grade), and varsity for three years (6th-8th grade). At our school, JV is for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, and Varsity is for 7th and 8th graders.

The next year, we definitely did a lot better. We won a lot of our games with a few losses. Oh, by the way, this was in 5th grade. By this point, we were all beginning to figure out our strengths and weaknesses and really trying to improve on them.

Then it was 6th grade… this was the only year that I played both JV and Vars. We conquered JV for our last year of being able to play JV. We were undefeated and with every game, we won we beat each team by at least 15 points. Vars was a little bit different because we were playing with much bigger girls and they were playing a lot faster than we did in JV. But we did okay, we ended up in 4th place.

Then 7th grade, our first year only playing in Vars. We actually did pretty good. Even though teams were bigger than us we played very well. We only lost two games which meant we qualified for playoffs. We made it all the way to Championships but lost in OT (Overtime). The worst part about it was that we were winning for majority of the game.

via pixabay

In 8th grade, we didn’t do as successful as we had hoped. We played great during the regular season but unfortunately lost in our semi-final game. We played for third and won by 18 points. Even though we never had a Championship win we were still so proud of each other.

Thank you for reading about my basketball post! See you next time!